Don't panic. This is just a small hello.




this day of January 2017

this coffee shop at Pearl Drive, Ortigas

Hello, old friend.  I am sending this out before I even change my mind, again. Time has passed, and there are oceans and seas between us, now. If enough time has passed, I do not know. But time and again, you cross my mind.

Some of the time, when my mind do wander off to you, it's in the negative sort of way. And some time, it is wonderful, instead.

And do not worry, I am not about to make a pass at you, or rehash old hurts and negative sensibilities. I have long accepted that there will be nothing between us but animosity, and that we have passed that demarkation line of friendliness.  To me, that person, the one I used to love, have long gone. Dissipated into thin air. I sometimes tell myself that what passed has been just my imaginings.

But I DO wonder about you, the you of the here and now. How has life been treating you, and whether or not you have been keeping well.

I am, and it is only of late that I am able to say this with full confidence. You of all people should know that it takes me quite a bit to move from one emotional state to another, when it comes to these things, I mean. I am okay and while it took me all this time, I am now back to my former self.

That is all. How have you been? It would be amazing if you would reply. If not, at least I can tell myself that once, even if in an act of futility, I DID try.

I go by Dan, now, not Erik. So will sign this as appropriate.


Dan.
Don't panic. This is just a small hello. Don't panic. This is just a small hello. Reviewed by Your Regular Average Guy on 1:35 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.