favorites



NEXT TO FABRIC softeners, my favorite scent in the world would have to be this body mist called Ocean, from Laline. A friend gifted me this recently and I fell madly in love with it from the very first spritz. Haha. It has that citrus-cy, woodsy, fresh-out-of-the-shower smell. How anyone equates this with the ocean is beyond me, but I love it nonetheless. A good third would have to be baked goods laced with cinnamon or vanilla (or both), whose bakery-smell would waft all throughout the house. 

Not on top but certainly another favorite would be the smell of the sea. You once said while we were out in Tacligan that you could smell the sea on me despite our having caught a ferry, a bus, an MRT and a jeep ride. I dunno how I smell exactly but for me the sea smells of home, and hope, and rebirth. I hope you could make sense of this rambling. Haha.

My favorite sound is my friend's laughter, for it reminds me that life is grand and exciting and fun and unpredictable. Next to that would be your comforting whispers, at night, in bed, and when we're about to sleep.

My favorite taste would have to be your kisses, and I sort of am embarrased about writing about it right now, so we'll skip this. Next would have to be that first sip of coffee in the morning. It's very comforting and warm and it sets the day. Sort of like a small, quiet announcement that, "Hurrah, today will be a very good day."

My favorite touch would have to be your hugs, for you are generous with them. It devours me and sort of silently assures me that you would never let go, that you would hold me in my hardest times and darkest days. A good next favorite would be the feel of your hands against mine.

My favorite sight is a smile, the kind that lights up your face, that beams not only from a person's mouth, but from their eyes, and dare I say, your very soul. A smile that says, "I am totally in this moment, and I am extremely happy to see you." That kind of a smile, so dazzling that the sunshine pales in comparison.




favorites favorites Reviewed by Your Regular Average Guy on 3:45 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.