this day, Monday



AS THIS IS supposed to be a blog of what's-running-in-my-head, allow me to share some of the thoughts of late -

One. Eversince my good friend, J. returned to Pinas from Abu Dhabi for good, I haven't really found material time to come visit, despite the many invites to do so.  I really ought to come down to Quezon one of these good days.

Two. Gym. More frequent visits. Running and that intermittent fasting thing just doesn't cut it. One does not want the paunch to develop further.

Three. This process of "knowing oneself further" or "becoming your most authentic self" is really a process of dumping all the crap that you have accumulated over the years.

This thought came about in the most novel of fashions - I was sitting with former baking and the pastry arts classmates (Well, two. The other two were... shifters.) and realized as K. went on to tell about the very long-winding story of how she was able to catch the attention of her crush (this be a 5 year endeavour, now, mind.).  I realized how, in the past, (and perhaps maybe true, too, of the present) I have spend many years holding on to memories. Time which would have been better spent doing something else - something much more productive.

That isn't to say that we shouldn't give in to nostalgia once in a while. That's it, the magic words. Just once in a while. It needn't be an entire day, an entire month, or an entire decade. The past is the past. You cannot recapture it, try as one might.

Okay, Here's to knowing myself more.

Four. Now that I have watched Goblin in it's original but English-subbed glory, that version by ABS-CBN seemed laughable now. The dialogue translations alone killed me to bite-sized pieces. And what is wrong with you, ABS, for leaving some of the good bits out, huh?

Five. I get it. Very few people will ever get me. But it is very very good to finally being able to figure oneself out - i.e. I found out quite recently that I am an introvert. I dislike people coming into my home unannounced, uninvited, and staying far longer that they should, I could only tolerate "gatherings" for about 30 minutes to an hour, tops, and I prefer sleeping in to "getting out there and soaking in the view". Yep. Not even if it involves shopping or coffee.

Who wants to get dressed on one's day off, anyway? I like the comfort of my boxers, waking up at noon, and lunch being Lucky Me Pansit Canton, three runny eggs, and a good serving of coffee.

Six. I miss cuddling. For all his worth, my ex gives great cuddles. But since that's not allowed anymore, I recently bought three pillows. And I have come to the habit of drinking a beer or a bottle of vodka cocktail an hour past dinnertime (If I am out I come to a bar and order myself one before I head home.). This helps immensely. By 11 or 12 I am out, pronto.


this day, Monday this day, Monday Reviewed by Your Regular Average Guy on 12:13 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.